fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work

From: odonian
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fab sudo() doesn't seem to work
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:56:14 -0400

Hi Jeff - thanks for the code/tip, I tried using the branch, installed it, and yet I'm still seeing the same problem: seems to hang, have to hit CTRL-C, then belatedly see a password prompt.

Note that when I did,

git checkout execution

...per your instructions, I get an error:

error: pathspec 'execution' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Did you forget to 'git add'?

Probably I'm doing something stupid, as I'm not a git user.

Per Jordi's suggestion (thank you Jordi), setting sudo to require NOPASSWD results in the remote tail command working just fine.  So it is a password related problem.