fab-user

[Fab-user] Quick status update & PyCon/sprints note

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: [Fab-user] Quick status update & PyCon/sprints note
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:44:14 -0400

Hi all,

First, sorry for the radio silence, I forgot email exists during
2014ish. Will try to send release announcement emails again - their
lack was unintentional.

Second, I've finally broken ground on Fabric 2, apart from the work on
Invoke (if that name's new to you, see
http://www.fabfile.org/roadmap.html and
http://www.pyinvoke.org/faq.html#why-was-invoke-split-off-from-the-fabric-project).

That brings me to the final point, I am here at PyCon in Montréal and
am sprinting Mon-Weds. HOWEVER, unlike previously, the best value I
can provide is sprinting myself (on 2.0) vs managing others. Still
happy to share a table and chat some, but I can't spend the entire
time assisting like normal :(

My goal this week & next is to get the Fab 2 alpha out, providing a
basic API against which to gather feedback & examine use cases. By
that point (if not sooner) I'll move it from a private repo to
fabric/fabric (probably a "v2" branch, but maybe master!)

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier