fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] FEETURE

From: tps12
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] FEETURE
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:59:02 -0400

Awesome idea. I couldn't find anything on the AGA site about submitting games...just a lot of stuff about refineries. Haha, just kidding.

Actually, there is something there about submitting games from a tournament:
"The results themselves need to be organized on paper or, even better, electronically for entry into the AGA rating system. If you used Accelrat or TDWin, you can easily generate a file. Otherwise contact the AGA database manager at address@hidden for forms you can use to provide the names, handicap and outcome for each game."

So they prefer electronic, and don't even need an SGF. Easy-peasy.

FEETURE: Support all tournament types listed on http://www.usgo.org/resources/howtd.asp

Desired Username wrote:
Any two AGA members can submit a game result to be
included towards their official rank.  The
requirements are that both players agree beforehand to
do this and that a third party sign that the official
rules were followed.  All of these conditions could be
met on FGS.  So the F*ETURE I'm thinking of is to
allow people to download "signed" SGFs (or maybe just
game results) that they can submit.

A future F*ETURE would be to automatically upload
those to the AGA (or other national Go assocs?), but
that would require some work on their end to receive.