fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] FEETURE

From: tps12
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] FEETURE
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:37:38 -0400

We'd want to do that in a general way, so people could easily add support for other official associations (/me registers FGA with the CMF). Cool idea, though.

Desired Username wrote:
I'm thinking we might want a field that says "AGA
registration number" (or something more
post-national).  Then only people with that value
filled in could participate in the tournament (for
some values of "the").

This is another case where having a fee-ture would be
nice.  Registration fee.

--- tps12 <address@hidden> wrote:

Oh right, that too. By "support" I mean "let anyone
make them and set the rules and everything like that." The mechanics would be dependent on the Room rules, I guess. Like, "anyone can make a tournament, but only this kind." This is getting complicated, and I'm
vvconfused.

Desired Username wrote:

FE*TURE: Don't just support the tournament types,
support the tournaments themselves.  Go clubs

around

the world could use FGS to run their local
tournaments.  Errr...if people wanted to play them
online instead of in person, that is.  Maybe

that's a

dumb idea.  But great for "virtual clubs", which

more

than one of already exists.

--- tps12 <address@hidden> wrote:

Awesome idea. I couldn't find anything on the AGA
site about submitting games...just a lot of stuff about refineries.

Haha,

just kidding.

Actually, there is something there about

submitting

games from a tournament:
"The results themselves need to be organized on
paper or, even better, electronically for entry into the AGA rating

system.

If you used Accelrat or TDWin, you can easily generate a file. Otherwise contact the AGA database manager at address@hidden for

forms

you can use to provide the names, handicap and outcome for each
game."

So they prefer electronic, and don't even need an
SGF. Easy-peasy.

FE*TURE: Support all tournament types listed on http://www.usgo.org/resources/howtd.asp

Desired Username wrote:

Any two AGA members can submit a game result to

be

included towards their official rank.  The
requirements are that both players agree

beforehand to

do this and that a third party sign that the

official

rules were followed.  All of these conditions

could be

met on FGS.  So the F*ETURE I'm thinking of is to
allow people to download "signed" SGFs (or maybe

just

game results) that they can submit.

A future F*ETURE would be to automatically upload
those to the AGA (or other national Go assocs?),

but

that would require some work on their end to

receive.