fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Potpourri

From: Peter Hutnick
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Potpourri
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:02:40 -0600

Sam Halliday wrote:

> marcuirl wrote:
>
>> Peter Hutnick writes:
>>
>>> 1. When I make a DVI any pstricks lines are omitted.

> yup... you can search the FHSST-authors list for the email i originally sent > about this. i have my Emacs/AUCTeX setup to create the PS file rather than the
> DVI. the problems are DVI specific.

Well, I figured out exactly what the problem was last night. I was putting together some screenshots of the problem when I noticed a button in xdvi called "show ps." Doh!

I'll check the archive for that old thread.

And I don't use emacs. I'm not into pain. I really like relying on the DVI because my DVI viewers ([x|k]dvi) autorefresh each time I do a make.

Anyway, I have my viewer properly configured and my local copy of the Makefile hacked to work as I like. All is well.

> yeah... don't worry about the LaTeX standards... we have so many contributors > and for a lot of people this is the first time they have ever used LaTeX. i am > drawing up a LaTeX standards document for people to use as guidance, hopefully > we can get a lot of internal consistencies smoothed out. i'll draw up a draft in > the next few days and submit it to the mailing list for scrutiny. when we all > agree, or at least the most part of those who speak up agree... then we will go
> with it, and then that gives a lot of work updating all the files to the
> standards :-)

Well, nobody is newer to LaTeX than me! Anyway, a standards/best practices document would be great!

-Peter