fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Potpourri

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Potpourri
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:17:34 +0100

Peter Hutnick wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> Well, I figured out exactly what the problem was last night.  I was
> putting together some screenshots of the problem when I noticed a
> button in xdvi called "show ps."  Doh!

thats not any fault of yours... the DVI _should_ work... but the author
of pstricks refuses to fix the bug for DVI files.

> I'll check the archive for that old thread.
>
> And I don't use emacs.  I'm not into pain.  I really like relying on
> the DVI because my DVI viewers ([x|k]dvi) autorefresh each time I do a
> make.
>
> Anyway, I have my viewer properly configured and my local copy of the
> Makefile hacked to work as I like.  All is well.

sorry... you "don't like pain"... how? :-)

my DVI and PS viewers all auto update as i update the relevant file. and
from within emacs all i need to do is hold in control and type "c b" and
the current file gets turned into PS, or "c c" and the whole book
appears. i never need to go to a terminal and type make or anything. i
can also do cvs commits from within emacs with C-"x v v", amoung many
other other great things...

cheers,
Sam
--