fhsst-maths

Re: FHSST-Maths: Update and November Deadlines

From: Mark Horner
Subject: Re: FHSST-Maths: Update and November Deadlines
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 06:32:30 -0800

Hi Carl

Our objective with the new site is to try to streamline both the administrative load and the process of making a contribution. If possible we will not make any
changes to the format of the content but move it all online.

People will be able to edit their contributions on the site or upload it from file. Initially content will kept private until a user is ready to expose it to the world. Requesting feedback and other routine tasks will be reduced to a click of a button. Obviously people will still need to do things but we think that it will help volunteers contribute and it will certainly reduce the stress on book coordinators.

I hope to have an alpha version out very soon but I've run into some issues with the content management framework I chose to use (Drupal). They are releasing a major new version and I wanted to start with it but
not all the modules have been ported to the new API yet.

If you want to know more just shout!

Cheers,

Mark

Carl Hultquist wrote:
Hi all,

Been a hectic month for me & I haven't managed to get anything
constructive done on the numerics side :-( Have read through the current
stuff & have a few thoughts, but haven't put hand to keyboard yet. I
blame admin stuff like sorting out the reams of documentation I needed
to hand in to facilitate upgrading to a PhD :-P Will try to have
something done ASAP!

Sam, could you shed some more details on the proposed new format? What
are the most significant changes that need to be made? Is their any way
we could automate things (like some sort of simple parser from LaTeX to
the new format)?

Cheers,

Carl