fhsst-maths

FHSST-Maths: Update and November Deadlines

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: FHSST-Maths: Update and November Deadlines
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:59:42 +0000

Hi team,

How is everyone coming along with this months contributions?

The admins have been discussing a new way of maintaining the books, which will be web based and not as dependent upon LaTeX as now. This should make editing easier and also more accessible. I think maths should use the new system as soon as possible, so we'll need help uploading the current book to the new format. It should be trivial, yet mundane... but allowing for mini edits during the transition.

As for hackathons, I still want to set one up in Edinburgh, but for those not around Edinburgh feel free to set up your own and let me know about them.

For all the new authors who were not assigned a section, please get back to me and I'll set you up with something for the next month.

Is everyone still alive? Maths progress has been rather slow of late.

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts: http://fhsst.org