Re: [fluid-dev] tunnings

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] tunnings
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:40:33 -0700

Hello Viktor,

Ok, I see what you are referring to now.  Sounds like some interesting
work you are doing.  I think I've seen some sort of tuning support in
FluidSynth before, but I'm not sure how complete it is, if at all.  As
for latency, on Ubuntu Linux with the RT Kernel I can get under 2ms with
occasional dropouts and under 4ms with rather rare dropouts.  I'm not
sure what Windows can achieve, but I imagine it would be considerably
worse (possibly not entirely the fault of Windows though, since
FluidSynth only supports directsound).  Latency depends on the buffer
size/count parameters in FluidSynth, but the rest of the system
determines if it is actually usable or not (clicks in audio output).

Best regards,
        Josh