Re: [fluid-dev] glib crash

From: R.L. Horn
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] glib crash
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 19:27:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Element Green wrote:

Time to look at the actual machine code,

Or maybe get a new gdb and hope that it can put an opcode to the instruction.

Although as far as I know most CPUs should be 64 bit capable these days.

I dunno.  It looks like x86 Macs can pack anything from P6 to Core i7.

I really think we're overanalysing, though. Figure out the "problem" system's architecture and build for it. It's almost certainly what you'll have to do anyway.

(Having said that, it would be interesting to know what instruction is causing all the ruckus.)