Re: [fluid-dev] glib crash

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] glib crash
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:04:29 +0200

Hello,

Le 16 août 2013 à 18:58, Element Green <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I had a look at the thread_memory_from_self() function in the glib
> source code and I don't see anything that would suggest usage of SSE
> instructions (its a memory allocation function).  There is a lot of
> use of the thread system though, so that could be the culprit.  If you
> have a problem system you can test with, I would try building Glib
> with debugging information to see if you can get the actual source
> code line that is causing the crash.

I have built glib in debug mode using "brew install --test" and had it tested
on the faulty machines (I cannot physically go there). But this does not give
any more specific information on the faulty line.

> You could also do a disassembly
> dump at the instruction pointer EIP, to see what the actual
> instruction is, which also might provide some insight.

How can I ask the user to do this ? He does not have a development machine...

> Either the
> instruction was intended, but not supported on the problem system -
> which would mean glib may have been built for a platform that was too
> specific, or some sort of corruption is occurring.  Looking at how
> glib got built (its build time options, thread support system, etc)
> might also be useful information.

I built it against glib 2.26.3, using homebrew, by doing a "brew install
--universal glib" command. This is on my Mac 10.8.4 system.

I am a bit helpless here. Any help appreciated.

Thanks