[Freecats-Dev] NO MORE Radio silence :-))

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] NO MORE Radio silence :-))
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 22:51:45 +0200

Hi all,

I like the way you express it, Yves. I sometimes wonder if part of the
success of Wordfast's mailing list (and now our little Free CATS one) is the
peculiar humour expressed by people like you (or the Aussie
monster/artefact/translator named Gabriella.

Now really, now that you explain it, I realize I had completely
underestimated the probable difficulty of building up a standalone
editor-based CAT tool.

Part of my approach was based on the idea that I wanted to quickly start
work on some [native <-> bilingual working format] filters corresponding to
a few file formats for which not much is presently available among existing
CAT tools, even if these formats don't look terrible (eg. HTML Help
contents/index resource files, which I'm fed up to prepare manually every
now and then).

Maybe Free CATS should work on this direction, it would prove most helpful.
Whatever.

I don't have much to add, except that I must not forget to regularly boot my
home PC in order to read my emails. I'm still waiting for an answer from Sun
about a cooperation request...

Cheers,

Henri