Re: [Freecats-Dev] Radio silence

From: Kirk McElhearn
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Radio silence
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 22:46:54 +0200

On 5/8/03 22:24, "Yves Champollion" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Or perhaps I don't get it right. What do you mean by "hook into the
> underlying Unix base behind OO?". My linux is *very* limited. Perhaps
> there's a whole world out there I'm missing

The question is, can you access the data in an OO file without going through
OO, in other words using the basic Unix tools to parse and segment the text?
This could certainly be done pre-translation, doing segmenting in advance,
since, as you say, the file format is XML. But could it also be done with OO
open? I don't know enough about OO to answer the question. But since I'm
writing a book about Unix for Mac OS X, I have seen the power of some of the
basic command-line tools, and have been wondering what the possibilities are
of integrating these tools into TM.

Kirk

      My forthcoming book: Unix for Mac OS X: Learning the Command Line
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html
  . . . . . . .  address@hidden | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .