RE: [pooma-dev] [RFA]: Tutorial Typographical Changes

From: Allan Stokes
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] [RFA]: Tutorial Typographical Changes
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:44:28 -0800

Review of Jeffrey's patch.  Everything seems fine.  Didn't understand
implication of s/VectorFace/VectorFaceRCTag/g so this is not confirmed.  Two
small suggestions (one on EngineTag, one about "Pooma code").

>       * background.html (struct AddOp): Match parameter name with
>       parameter use.

OK

>       (struct MulOp): Likewise.

OK

>       * tut-02.html: Add several missing spaces.

OK

> ?     (RBJacobi): Change array's name to match previous line.

OK

>       (Periodic Boundary Conditions): Fix line numbers for ApplyPeriodic.

OK

>       * tut-04.html: Move sentence regarding component forwarding from
>       next paragraph to preceding paragraph concerning component
>       forwarding.

404,411 all I see here is the lexemes "<a" moved to the end of the previous
line.
Assuming this is spurious.

OK on 413,430

>       Remove an extra space and an extraneous comma.  Add a missing
>       parenthesis.  Fix array's name to match the other text.

<tt>EngineTag</tt> is still mentioned in the descriptive text.  Maybe better

> ?     Emphasize "ghost," which is implicitly defined.

OK

> ?     Reword last sentence to de\"{e}mphasize Pooma developers' programming
>       expertise.

Rather than "Pooma code uses" how about something along the lines of
"Production code will employ" more complicated access loops ... advantage of
cache behavior.

>       (accumulateWithLoop): Substitute "first0" and "last0" for "f0" and
>       "l0". "l0" looks like the number 10.

Good.  Didn't check myself that you got them all.

>       Remove some extraneous words.

OK

>       * tut-06.html: "Recurring," not "recursing."

OK

>       * tut-07.html: Remove extraneous word.  Fix a comma.  Fix
>       capitalization.  Remove one of double word.

OK

>       Add space between closing ">" in nested template.

OK

> ?     s/VectorFace/VectorFaceRCTag/g

I'm not up to speed on this.

>       Change expression font to typewriter.

OK

>       s/>/</ in line 016 of n-D scalar advection.

OK

> ?     * tut-08.html: (average): Change second "Expression1_t" to
>       "Expression2_t".

OK

>       (Exported typedefs): Remove second, extraneous
>       "SurfaceNormalsArray_t".

OK

>       Fix typo.  Remove second of two contiguous periods.  Remove second
>       of repeated world.

OK

>       Suggested substitution s/right/correct/ to avoid confusion with
>       "left".

OK

> ?     (FieldStencil example): Add ending ";".  s/fv/vv/ to match
>       previous variable declaration.

OK if this really was just a typo.  I don't see any fv declared.

>       Fix misspelled words.  Add period at the end of a sentence.

OK