Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI becomes CABAL::SCI

From: Matt
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI becomes CABAL::SCI
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:38:24 -0800

Its a separate front end. Here is a screenshot. Dragging folders on the application icon or on the application itself adds the game to the game list. Users can select the video and sound server for the specific game. If the game is already setup then dragging the folder on the application launches the game immediately. Its really just a launch platform.

The more I check into supporting more features in the front end (by using the config file settings) the more I really believe the loader should be integrated. I wonder also if its not easier to convert the config file into an XML format. This front end will work for now but I would rather see an integrated one as final version. Once the game loader would be integrated a very simple wrapper could be used to just launch freesci with the correct video driver/server.

Matt