[freesci-develop] cvs: jameson

From: FreeSCI CVS repository
Subject: [freesci-develop] cvs: jameson
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:42:44 +0200

CVSROOT:        /var/cvs/freesci
Module name:    freesci
Changes by:     jameson 2004/04/02 07:42:44 GMT

Modified files:
        .              : Tag: glutton ChangeLog freesci.spec
        src/gfx        : Tag: glutton Makefile.am resmgr.c
        src/include    : Tag: glutton gfx_system.h
        src/include/win32: Tag: glutton Makefile.am
        src/tools      : Tag: glutton Makefile.am
Added files:
        src/gfx        : Tag: glutton font-5x8.c font-6x10.c
        src/tools      : Tag: glutton 5x8.font 6x10.font bdf.c bdf.h
                         bdfP.h bdfgname.c bdfgrid.c bdftofont.c
                         fonttoc.c

Log message:
* Some updates from the 0.6.1a prerelease pacakges
* Added two built-in fonts GFX_FONT_BUILTIN_6x10 and _5x8
* Added tools for converting bdf to plaintext, plaintext to C files
suitable for inclusion as FreeSCI built-in fonts

The fonts in question are based on XFree86 (X11 licence) fonts. I've also
added bdf decoding stuff from xmbdfed to implement the aforementioned tools.
The 5x8 is the standard XF86 monospace font of that size, whereas the
6x10 one is the monospace font plus some modifications (in particular, it's
no longer monospaced). I've tried the 6x10 one, and it looks good enough
(IMVHO) for general usage.
As font resource numbers, use GFX_FONT_BUILTIN_6x10 or GFX_FONT_BUILTIN_5x8
to reference these fonts.

-- Christoph