[Devel] GB18030 problem

From: Leon Ho
Subject: [Devel] GB18030 problem
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 16:19:06 +1000

Hi,

We are implementing a new charset, zh_CN.GB18030, into several applications (like XFree86, qt, input method). Now we have come up one weird problem when displaying the characters using a ttf font, with xfs & freetype lib. Generally if we display a set of characters that within the GB18030 character area, all the glpyhs will show up correctly. However if we include any characters that outside of the GB18030 area, the application's glyph will disapear.

ie.
0x8139EE38 hasn't got glyph in the font
0x8139EE39 has glyph in the font
0x8139EF30 has glyph in the font

If only we display 0x8139EE39, 0x8139EF30, there are no problem. However if we include 0x8139EE38, all the glyphs in the application will be erased with blanks.

Anyone saw this simliar problem before? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Leon
--
Leon Ho