Re: [I18n]Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X

From: Markus Kuhn
Subject: Re: [I18n]Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:13:22 +0000

Alexander Gelfenbain wrote on 2002-01-17 19:59 UTC:
> I can confirm that the license ST will be released with is "BSD+" which is
> standard BSD with the following clause:
>
>   * You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or indended
>   * for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any
>   * nuclear facility.

Just curious: Was this a legal or political requirement?

I'm not sure, high energy physics on the other side of the street from
here will in practice be aware of such a strange restriction, once they
get this package via the next SuSE or Solaris update on their office
machines. They are in the profession of doing rather cruel things to
atomic nuclei and design and run facilities to do so.

> We are working on publicly releasing the docs and placing the source code on
> sourceforge or some other public CVS server. Please stay tuned.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing it.

Markus