Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:34:17 +0000

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 01:25, Alexander Gelfenbain wrote:
|   I received the following clarification from our legal people:
|
|       The changes to the BSD were intended to remain consistent with the Open
| Source Definition stated by OSI. As such, the statement about nuclear
| facilities is a notice and not a restriction per se.
|
|       The BSD+ also re-states the limitation of liability provision consistent
| with current law.
|
|   I don't think any additional interpretation is needed: the clause about
|   nuclear facilities is a notice and not a restriction.
|
|   Regards,
|   AG

ok, thanks a lot for clarification!
As people on these lists had some concerns, I guess you need to make some
clear statement on ST license & nuclear facilities, so ST can be integrated
into leading Linux distributions (I guess packagers of those not always read
XF Fonts list...)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)