Re: [Devel] Re: Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:38:56 +0000

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 20:12, David Smith wrote:
|   The problem unfortunately, is not with the legal people. Without such
| statements the US Government will not allow export of certain technologies.
| While I agree with your comments it will require a change of heart in the
| US congress to change these restrictions. This is unfortunately unlikely at
| present.

I see.

But, on the other hand, there is no requirement to "ship" ST from US.
Sun Microsystems had some partners and even Joint Venture in Russia which in
fact allowed it to ship 128-bit encryption software outside US just to
overcome this limitation.
ST is not 128-bit encryption software, so I doubt such excessive steps are
necessary. may be, clause can be just excluded from final BSD+ license, so
all Linux distributions will have no constrains over incorporating ST.

|   David

|   |

--

Vadim Plessky