Re: [Devel] Mac language ID

From: Detlef Würkner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Mac language ID
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:32:29 +0100

address@hidden (Turner David) wrote:

> > If I understand the OpenType specs correct, my application
> > needs to know
> > the mac language ID of a given cmap to be able to display the
> > exact type
> > of encoding. The charset_id and encoding_id are all the same
> > (mac roman)
> > for many cmaps of an existing font from a MacOS8.1 install CD
> > I have here.
> >
> > It seems there exists no API to query the mac language ID, can that be
> > added?
>
> That's correct. You're the first person to express the need for the
> Mac Language ID !

Maybe thats because normally FT_ENCODING_UNICODE is selected per default
if available and fonts without an Unicode encoding are somehow obsolete.
My application (the font installer for AmigaOS4) allows to select the
charmap via GUI and nine or ten entries all named "Apple Roman" is not
the optimal presentation :)

The latest patch version from Masatake (thank you very much!) looks nice,
will test it soon.

Ciao, Detlef
--
_ // address@hidden