Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:25:36 +0100 (CET)

> Given an FT_Face, what is the safest/cleanest way to know what type
> of font (TrueType, Type 1, etc.) that I have?
>
> Should I just get the driver name?  Or is there something better?

Currently, there is no straightforward method to do this.  The driver
name is a natural choice, but the result must be refined, at least for
the CFF driver (which supports three different formats: OpenType CFF,
native CFF, and CID-keyed CFF).  The same is true for the Type1 driver
if you want to disambiguate MM-Fonts from normal Type 1 fonts.