Re: [Devel] Mac language ID

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Mac language ID
Date: 16 Dec 2003 09:55:08 -0800

Slightly off topic...

There are 31 mac script codes (mac platform specific ids)
   Of these 14 have documented encodings on
        http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE/

Some scripts have different encodings depending on the language
   (script 0 is used for western european, icelandic, turkish, croatian,
         romanian)
   And I think script 4 is used for arabic & farsi

Does anyone have any idea what encodings are used for the scripts which
aren't documented on the unicode site? (oriya, bengali, tamil, telugu,
kannada, malayalam, ...)

I've asked this question of Apple and was told that there are no such
encodings. Which I find hard to believe.