Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:38:37 -0500

George,

Grab:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/QuickDraw_GX/Documents.sit.hqx

The fiel "QuickDraw GX Font Formats" describes the format of Type 1 GX
fonts.  Basically, the sfnt container version is TYP1 and sfnt contains
a typ1 table, which is in essence the Type 1 font, but without encrypted
data.  The eexec portion has been relaced by something else.

If you need a tool to make Type 1 GX fonts, you can try searching for
"The Type 1 Enabler".  This a tool written by Adobe back when GX was
"hot" (or not, depending on one's viewpoint).  It runs on MacOS and
converts regular old Type 1 LWFNs + associated screen suitcases into
Type 1 GX font suitcases.

Hoep that helps,

Tom