Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:55:41 -0500

At 9:40 AM +0100 12/19/03, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Hmm, we had to replace the current static strings with small
functions which give subtypes.  What about the following list: If
there are subtypes, it first gives the font format, then the type,
probably followed by a subtype.  Please make suggestions,
corrections, additions, etc.

Yeah, I am thinking that a dynamic string ala Java package IDs (font.sfnt.cff) might make more sense given the variety of formats that could be returned and how a user/caller might want to deal with those results.

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-629-3700 (voice)
                                             215-629-0789 (fax)