Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 01:06:22 +0100

I have now added some simple upper & lowercase waterfall tests to 'ttfautohint
tests' at http://code.newtypography.co.uk

overshoots, undershoots and heights seem to be snapping accurately across
glyphs - no irregularities  which usually seem a big issue with autohinters :)

Of note is that at larger sizes (20px - 30px) the rendering breaks up on
curves. Is it possible that the autohinter is not yet set to instruct those
larger sizes?

Overall it's looking good to me. There are specific issues at certain sizes,
e.g uppercase bowls are flattening too abruptly at the cap-height, see 'O' at
15, 19, 21px, but i'm assuming these things can be tweaked away.

Will run similar tests on The Droids and Bitstream Vera

-vern