Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 05:42:09 +0200 (CEST)

Vern,

> I have now added some simple upper & lowercase waterfall tests to
> 'ttfautohint tests' at http://code.newtypography.co.uk

thanks a lot for the tests and the test images!  Please post a URL
where I can download the Ubuntu font you've used.

> Of note is that at larger sizes (20px - 30px) the rendering breaks up
> on curves. Is it possible that the autohinter is not yet set to
> instruct those larger sizes?

What do you mean with `breaks up'?  Please give more details what
exactly you think is bad.  The hinting range is set to 8ppem-1000ppem,
BTW, so these sizes are covered.

> Overall it's looking good to me. There are specific issues at
> certain sizes, e.g uppercase bowls are flattening too abruptly at
> the cap-height, see 'O' at 15, 19, 21px, but i'm assuming these
> things can be tweaked away.

Yes, this is what I've noted too.  I'll look into it.