Re: [ft-devel] FreeType patches to support amalgamation

From: Collyer, Oliver, SI
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType patches to support amalgamation
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:22:51 +0000

Unless I've misunderstood, It seems to me that the changes being made are not
to amalgamate FreeType into a couple of files, but just to rename some
stuff/change some #defines to make this possible for another tool to optionally
do.

If so, I really can't see what the problem is and why you're being offensive on
the mailing list - it just makes FreeType usable in a different way for those
who would like it, doesn't it?

As for your earlier comment:

"You will make people who borrow from FreeType miserable and make
them curse at you for renaming stuff for no good reason whatsoever."

I can't speak for anyone else, but FreeType has been a fantastic and
much-appreciated library over the years for us and we have total respect for
the people who have put so much time into creating it, so if a bunch of stuff
gets renamed that makes it easier to use for others to benefit from then it's
fine with us.