Re: [ft-devel] FreeType patches to support amalgamation

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType patches to support amalgamation
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 07:20:58 -0500

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Antoine Leca
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
>> Why do you butcher perfectly legal code C-code?
>> You problem is in the tool - not it in FreeType.
> This is not fair. The exercise do show some areas in Freetype which code
> will be clearly made better after the corrections proposed by Vinnie.
> Examples are the #undef pp-instructions before #define (patches #2, or
> #5 2nd part); or the correction in cidload.c of the local methods
> t1_init_loader (resp. t1_free_loader) by cid_init_loader (resp.
> cid_free_loader) (patch #6.)
>
> I also second Werner thinking this will need a fair amount of editor
> work, hence time, to be digested.

Sure. Some parts of it are Ok. Smooth and raster share code naturally.
The whole idea of of dumping them in a singe file without thinking
goes against fundamentals of code sharing philosophy.
It just makes me barf no matter how you change the names.
They are meant to be separate modules. And when I make a change
in one I'd like to be able to share code by to copy-pasting it.