Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 21:49:06 -0700

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Hin-Tak Leung
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> This
>  is to make the Chinese
>  > fonts that draw
>  the glyph in their hint instructions to work.  So,
>  > you can grab one of those and modify to
>  inspect the return value of
>  > this
>  instruction.
>
> Behdad,
>
> Do you have any reference/names for those fonts? I have extracted all the
> fonts shipped on 10.2, as well as the last of the Classics (9.2.2, and 9.0).
> Nothing interesting shows up, other than a Helvetica which contains the DEBUG
> opcode.

I don't know the names, and don't think they were shipped by Apple.
They are fonts that were popular-enough at certain times in certain
locales that Apple had to put a hack into their engine to make them
working when they decided to turn the hinting engine off.  Maybe
mpsuzuki knows what fonts I'm talking about?

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/