Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GETVARIATION and GETDATA
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 05:54:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I extracted a few of things from the apple QuickDraw_GX dev mirror Alex sent. I
haven't looked at the fonts themselves yet - was mostly extracting the docs,
sample codes, tools with their docs, etc.

It appears that the apple font edior of that era, RoyalT, is capable of
manipulating the GETVARIATION and GETDATA instructions.

GETDATA is documented as 'get various bits of information'
(very informative...!)
and apparently takes a selector as a parameter, and only a range of values are
valid.

GETVARIATION is 'get variation coordinates' .

The RoyalT binary in the GX tool kit is 68k mac only (i.e. a pre-system 7.5
mac). I haven't found a binary for the later powerpc mac yet. (I have a System
9 vm, and can run some system 6-7 binaries, but not between at the moment).