Re: [ft-devel] "Inside the fastest font renderer in the world"

From: Jan Alexander Steffens
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] "Inside the fastest font renderer in the world"
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 07:48:29 +0000

For the record, Rust can also produce object files with C interfaces. Firefox is currently using this: you can, optionally, replace the MP4 parser with a Rust version, and this is done in Mozilla's official builds.

A caveat would be that Rust supports less platforms. Also, I think SIMD intrinsics and inline asm are still limited to nightly Rust.