Re: [ft-devel] "Inside the fastest font renderer in the world"

From: Graham Asher
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] "Inside the fastest font renderer in the world"
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 09:09:37 +0100

Werner,

I see your point, but I think that adding obfuscation (the extra complexity introduced by using C) to the code to support a tiny and vanishing minority of systems without C++ is not worth the bother; such systems would very probably not be able to run FreeType in any case because of lack of support for 32-bit integers; and I doubt very much whether they would have any need to rasterize glyphs.

There's an interesting discussion here (http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/3027/is-c-suitable-for-embedded-systems) which gives both sides of the issue, but which contains many errors and irrelevancies... however, I respect your point of view and won't tread a well-worn path again.

Best regards,

Graham