Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] [Doubt] Bitmap rendering

From: k kushal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] [Doubt] Bitmap rendering
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 03:31:23 +0000

Thanks for the feedback!
Sorry. I couldn't submit the code.
I had two unexpected travel days and couldn't work.
I'll be submitting this for review by tomorrow.

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 at 11:54 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've written code to generate PNG(s) instead of bitmaps for all
> types.  (will give code tomorrow)

Great!

> I am using 32 bit (RGBA) PNG(s) for all types (mono, anti-aliased
> etc).  I think alpha channel will be helpful for certain
> visualisations which take one image (glyph) to the background and
> one to foreground.

OK.

> I am also working on writing GIF(s) for visualising differences.
> I've attached two images that are produced using this.  (I manually
> edited a glyph and then used it for comparision)

Nice!  Note that it perhaps makes sense to use a pale gray instead of
black as the basic glyph colour so that the changed pixels in red can
be seen more easily.

> I've written code to generate webpages to give a table of all the
> measurements of the glyphs (all available from FT_GlyphSlotRec).
> I've also attached a screenshot of basic html page I generated
> today.

This looks very promising, thanks!