[Freetype] ATM Light (was Re: PS Type1 vs. TrueType)

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: [Freetype] ATM Light (was Re: PS Type1 vs. TrueType)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:59:20 -0400

At 5:46 PM +0000 7/13/01, Vadim Plessky wrote:
On Friday 13 July 2001 11:30, David Turner wrote:
|   Actually, ATM is now distributed as a free plug-in on Windows and Mac.
|   It has also been integrated within Windows 2000, Me and XP I believe,
|   so these OSes already support Type 1 fonts natively !!

checked Adobe site. I see: "get Acrobat reader", "get Acrobat eBook reader",
"download SVG viewer", "download Atmosphere". Obviously, no link to "download
ATM"..

        You weren't looking hard enough ;).

ATM Light (the free version that ONLY does Type 1 rendering on OS platforms that don't include it natively, but doesn't have the font management features of it's commercial cousin ATM Deluxe) can be found at <http://www.adobe.com/products/atmlight/main.html>.

 And no links to dwonload for free "Miriad" or "Minion" fonts.. Have I
missed something?

In that case, no! Adobe makes some of their fonts free, but I don't believe these are - at least not the Cyrillic versions that it sounds like you want.

Yes, ATM is integrated into Windows 2000 and XP (don't know Me),

Just to be picky, ATM is NOT integrated into those OS's - but they do include native Type 1 rendering.

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                          <mailto:address@hidden>
Director of Software Development           (215) 922-3509 (voice)
Appligent, Inc. (aka Digital Applications) (610) 284-4233 (fax)

PGP Fingerprint: 8CC9 8878 921E C627 0BC1  15BB FC19 64A9 0016 1397