RE: [Freetype] Question on MacOS X

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: RE: [Freetype] Question on MacOS X
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:09:56 -0500

At 06:25 PM 11/28/2001 -0500, Changyuan Hu wrote:
Still one question before I make a decision to upgrade to FT2:) I found the Font folder in my MacOS X System contains all .dfont font files, which indicates data-fork TrueType fonts.

Data fork fonts - not necessarily TrueType. .dfonts are old-style font suitcases with the resource fork living in the data fork. You will also find, if you look in the other font folders (/Library, etc.), .ttf files (Windows/Unix TrueType fonts) and .otf files (Windows/Unix OpenType fonts).

Does the latest FT2 (specifically the ftmac.c file) support data fork fonts?

Yes. It supports all of the formats supported by Mac OS X - or at least it is supposed to ;).

Leonard