RE: [Freetype] Question on MacOS X

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: RE: [Freetype] Question on MacOS X
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:30:09 -0500

At 11:05 AM 11/29/2001 -0500, Changyuan Hu wrote:
According to the FreeType2 API, the only Mac-specific API is FT_New_Face_From_FOND, which requires a Handle to FOND resource.

True, but the standard FT_New_Face() on the Mac goes through some special processing to provide transparent support for Mac OS fonts. I would recommend that you use that call instead, so that FT can deal with all the complexities for you.

I have some code that I haven't checked in yet that will give you the path name (and index) to pass into FT_New_Face() given a Mac OS font name. I'm in the midst of a few other things, but will try to get that all in today or tomorrow.

Leonard