[Freetype] Re: Suggested patch: bitmap fonts, foundry, family and fontco

From: Mike FABIAN
Subject: [Freetype] Re: Suggested patch: bitmap fonts, foundry, family and fontconfig/Xft2
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:29:11 +0200

Keith Packard <address@hidden> さんは書きました:

> Around 13 o'clock on Apr 9, Mike FABIAN wrote:
>
>> Even for those fonts I think it has good effects to prepend the
>> foundry name.
>
> Only if your intention is to avoid using those fonts even when existing
> documents explicitly reference them.

I doubt that this is a serious problem in case of the X11 bitmap fonts
like -adobe-helvetica-, -adobe-times-, and -adobe-new century schoolbook-.

Fonts are mostly specified in documents of word processing software
like KWord or OpenOffice. Plain text editors don't write font names
into the files.

And why should anybody want to use bitmap fonts for example in KWord
or OpenOffice? In OpenOffice it isn't even possible.  In KWord it is
possible, but I don't think it makes any sense at all.

--
Mike Fabian   <address@hidden>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。