Re: [ft] Question: linker errors when building freetype for iOS in Xcode

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Question: linker errors when building freetype for iOS in Xcode
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:23:09 +0200 (CEST)

> generating `configure.ac'
>> running `aclocal -I . --force'
>> running `glibtoolize --force --copy --install'
>> glibtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
> [...]

This looks correct.

>> /Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/
>> unix.mk

This too.

> /Volumes/DATA/filestore/development/c/libs/freetype2/git/freetype2/builds/unix/configure:
>> line 1: `m4trace:configure.ac:14: -1- AC_INIT([FreeType], [2.5.3], [
>> address@hidden, [freetype])'

This essentially means that some macros haven't been properly expanded.

> I believe I am following the installation procedure correctly.  Any
> help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

The very thing is that under OS X the GNU autotool binaries often have
the prefix `g', and that there are similar, native Apple tools
(without the leading `g') that do something completely different,
probably based on programs with a BSD background.

Please ensure that you are *really* using GNU autoconf and automake!