Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Minutes of FSFE-UK List, 18th November 2001

From: Alistair L Davidson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Minutes of FSFE-UK List, 18th November 2001
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:27:12 +0000

At 11:47 AM 11/23/01 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
Loic:

> It is interesting that you plan to release a newsletter. This
> is a lot of work but very useful.

There is *nothing* in the UK at present, at least that I can find.  There
was http://www.linuxuk.co.uk/ but it died for reasons too involved to
explain and replacement attempts have proved useless.  Does anyone know of
anything here already?

Linux Format! ;-)

> Could you provide pointers on ukcdr & Free Dmitry please ?

http://uk.sklyarov.org/

ITYM http://uk.eurorights.org :)

I handed out 500 leaflets at the CD content "protection" day of action :0)

BTW, for those who're interested, a decision has been taken on the CDR mailing list to use the phrase 'content "protection"' or 'so-called "content protection"' or any reasonable derivative thereof as opposed to the alternatives like "copy prevention" or "access restriction". The reason is that it's arguably more useful to give the phrase that our opponents use a negative connotation than it is to make up our own phrases- cf. the American right's clever redefinition of the word "liberal".