Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:55:47 +0000

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:37:29AM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> Vanessa Conchodon <address@hidden> writes:
> >  Linux Expo Birmingham UK is on May 29th -30th, 2002 (Linux expo
> >  in London is on July). I thought it was sooner.
> >  Perhaps we can share a stand with an other association?
>
> There's likely to be some form of non-profit pavilion at both of
> these, with Debian-UK normally having a heavy presence --- I often end
> up doing a reasonable amount of the coordination for these things.

As living in Birmingham, I feel obligated to offer my help with the
Birmingham one.

> >  Is there a web or a mailling list for UK associations about
> >  these expos? This would preclude lots of work and free time
> >  to be at these events.
>
> There is currently no list --- it's normally done with emails with
> slowly growing Cc: lists.  Perhaps we should set up an AFFS list for
> the purpose, since UK wide Free Software promotion is what it's about.

Please not another list yet! I find it perfectly OK to have that on this
list. The volume here isn't very high anyway.

Bye,
Marc

PS: I will be fleeing this island from Dec 20 to Jan 6.

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/