Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?

From: Philip Hands
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?
Date: 11 Dec 2001 00:37:29 +0000

Vanessa Conchodon <address@hidden> writes:

>  Phil, you spoke about a barrister you know. Did you meet him?

Her.  No, not yet, should be able to sort out a time this week.

I'm also going to be doing some work on Wednseday for a charity that
has a full-time legal advisor who may be able to shed some light on
this as well.

>  I am currently translating into English the moral report of APRIL
>  so you will see what APRIL did this year. Just to give you ideas.
>  I will need soon people to read and correct this document.
>  Any volunteer?

Feel free to send me a copy --- I don't mind proofreading English.

>  Linux Expo Birmingham UK is on May 29th -30th, 2002 (Linux expo
>  in London is on July). I thought it was sooner.
>  Perhaps we can share a stand with an other association?

There's likely to be some form of non-profit pavilion at both of
these, with Debian-UK normally having a heavy presence --- I often end
up doing a reasonable amount of the coordination for these things.

>  Is there a web or a mailling list for UK associations about
>  these expos? This would preclude lots of work and free time
>  to be at these events.

There is currently no list --- it's normally done with emails with
slowly growing Cc: lists.  Perhaps we should set up an AFFS list for
the purpose, since UK wide Free Software promotion is what it's about.

>  Linux expo Paris is from January 30 to February 1st 2002.
>  I suggest you to come & see it. April and FSFE will have
>  a stand as other French associations.
>  It won't be as big as last year but will give you an idea
>  of what can happen in such an event.

Oh well --- I'll be in St.Anton that week, so I miss it again :-/

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/