Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:13:00 +0000

Hi Alex,

> My personal feeling is that the choice has to be between an Ltd. or
> an I&PS - I don't like the idea of an unincorporated group for any
> length or time, or the liabilities that would entail, and I like some
> of the bureaucracy associated with incorporated structures (I think
> being open about your dealings, etc., is good).
>
> To be honest, I would be happy with either. I prefer a Ltd., because
> it is cheaper & I understand it better, but so long as there are no
> hidden pitfalls I will go with either - I think the important thing
> is to get setup.

I'd also go for a company limited by guarantee.  What's the problem
with every member of the company having one vote?  I realise that a
majority might decide to change the objects of the organisation but who
are any of us to stop that happening?  What I mean is, if all sides are
given a chance to put forth their argument before a vote then who can
say fairer than that?

> [BTW: we haven't established any voting rules as yet :) I hope
> everyone is happy with voting 'in public'

Sure.

Cheers,

Ralph.