[Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Olympia Linux Expo 2002 --- Oct 9 & 10

From: Rob Bradford
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Olympia Linux Expo 2002 --- Oct 9 & 10
Date: 02 Mar 2002 18:26:20 +0000

> Err -- hate to point this out, Rob, but the literature usually makes it
> abundantly clear that under-18s will not be allowed in as visitors; so
> the rampant ageism is crystal clear from the start.
>
> Now ... as to exhibitors ...
>
> (Any organizer care to comment?)

I attended last year, when i was 16. I sort of hung about at the Debian
stall talking to people :)

My whinge is the timing. At least last time it was in July after school
had finished for the year. I dont think the rule was enforced, but its
presence calls into question the fact that many members of the open
source community are indeed under 18 and in fact this expo is aimed
squarely at the corporate market, which i hate to point out is near to
dead.
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford
http://robster.org.uk