Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS Activity report 11 Mar 2002

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFS Activity report 11 Mar 2002
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:53:52 GMT

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> FSDN :) No reason why it wouldn't make it. As for UK - I believe the
> UKGN is a friends-based thing (i.e., just a group of people who know
> each other off of IRC).

I know technoir a little off IRC ;-)

Possibly widen to more general sites like www.lug.org.uk, www.uklinux.net
and/or www.debianshop.com.

> [...] I would be interested to know where others would want to meet -
> London's not convenient for many, but it's not completely inconvenient (I
> would hope) either. Any other offers?

As I've demonstrated, I can travel quite a distance if needed, but from a
possible expenses point-of-view the cheapest location to travel to probably
makes sense.  For example, I believe I could get a free venue in King's
Lynn, but only during the week, and that's gonna cost for travel.
--