Re: [Fsfe-uk] OpenOffice

From: Mike Newman
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] OpenOffice
Date: 11 Mar 2002 23:50:23 +0000

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 21:57, Ramin Nakisa wrote:

> How complete/stable/MS-compatible is OpenOffice?  In the state that it was in
> a year ago I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending it to anyone.  I have it
> on a LinuxFormat DVD somewhere but haven't time or disk space to install it.

I've recently used OpenOffice to prepare parts of a 12,000+ word
'mission-critical' document, which involved sharing work with users of
MS Word 97. No problems at all, except for OO being _very_ slow starting
up, which caused some worries. I'd have no problem in recommending its
use.

Mike

--
"consistency is the hobgoblin of tiny minds", Ralph Waldo Emerson