Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:24:49 +0100

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:38:26AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> OK, random comments follow.  Consume with bag of salt.

What about vinegar to turn even the most crunchy chips into some kind of
fluffy tissue like thing?

> Marc Eberhard <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  The FSF Europe gladly announces that the UK based "Association for Free
>
> Suggest a different adverb than gladly.  Maybe "proudly"?  Minor, so don't
> worry too much about it.

Changed.

> >  AFFS has joined the FSF Europe to actively support its activities and
> > work for Free Software in Europe and to facilitate cooperation with
> > organisations in other countries.
>
>  AFFS has joined the FSF Europe to actively support its activities, to work
> for Free Software in Europe and to facilitate cooperation with organisations
> in other countries.

Changed.

> > institutions, politicians and - of course - the public in the UK to help
> > creating a critical mass of people using Free Software.
>
> "help create"

Changed.

> >  "Although the AFFS is based in the UK, it fully recognises and appreciates,
>
> Drop the end of line comma.

Changed.

> > cooperation and coordination. The association with the FSF Europe is
> > probably the most important step for the AFFS to achieve this goal." said
>
> "most important step yet" maybe?

Yeah, sounds good too. Changed.

> Who wants to volunteer a phone number?  Can use mine if needed.

Do we really need to provide a phone number? Wouldn't it make more sense to
only offer email, a web form and snail mail, so that we don't have to react
in real time? That gives us more time for a proper answer and increases the
tracebility of correspondences. Comments from others?

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/