Re: [Fsfe-uk] open office in schools (was Microsoft 'hoovers millions)

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] open office in schools (was Microsoft 'hoovers millions)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:55:19 +0100 (BST)

address@hidden writes:
 > I'd like to create a draft letter to fire off to offending
 > information pr= oviders to explain the problems that word documents
 > cause. Does anyone have a sim= ple solution that could be presented
 > to the agencies involved?

Try

  http://www.e-envoy.gov.uk/webguidelines.htm

  " Guidelines for UK government websites "

 4.3 Non-HTML file formats
 4.3.4 Microsoft Word (DOC)

 This is the least desirable format as it is proprietary and it cannot
 be guaranteed that a reader exists for a particular user's computer.

regards
Brian Gough