Re: [Fsfe-uk] URGENT - UK law on copyright is being tightened against t

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] URGENT - UK law on copyright is being tightened against the public's interests
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:40:08 +0100

Marc Eberhard wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 11:48:27PM +0100, Paul Mobbs wrote:
> > Subject: [Fsfe-uk] URGENT - UK law on copyright is being tightened against
> > the public's interests
>
> ... which reminds me to ask, what has happened to the response written by
> Simon? I'm not aware of any objections againt it, so it seems to be the
> right time to finally send it to the UKPO. Simon?

I've been a little slack - my only excuse is I've been a little
under the weather.

BG had some suggestions of a general nature not taken into
account.

I think it is better to submit it as it is, and take other
actions (i.e. Lobby MP's to reject the amendment, which as I
understand it will be tabled as a statutory instrument - which
are beyond my knowledge of parliamentary procedure, but I'm
assured they are usually passed through parliament with minimal
scrutiny), as the scope of the consultation is quite limited.

Should I submit it - I think better if it is addressed from the
secretary, or committee member?

 Simon