Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:39:13 -0000

Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tim O'Reilly's emails first-hand on the address@hidden list.  He's
> stated it at least twice there, several weeks apart.  I'd give links to
> the archives but they seem hard to search, even with Google.

Bah, ezmlm.  Rather an odd choice for a fsb list.  User-hostile IMO.
Anyway, if you stroke it a particular way, it gives up
http://www.crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?mss:7928:200209:lhglaanhkonkemaihahm
that I think is one message you referred to.

[...]
> But all RMS has to do is publicise he's not happy with Tim publishing
> for some reason, e.g. less funds reaching GNU/FSF, and that's bad
> publicity for O'Reilly which ORA wouldn't want.

Is there anything from RMS on this, or are you relying only on reports
from Tim?  I think there's some history between them which might colour
the reporting.  Maybe Brian can tell us whether he's had any concerns
from FSF about publishing GNU documentation?  Buy your manuals at
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/  ;-)

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."